KSUX 105.7 signed on the air back in 1990. Over the course of 20 years, we have played about 10,000 songs at least once over the airwaves. Some have been monumental. Others were played once and cialis online in us never heard again. Looking over request logs and daily music logs over the past 2 decades, we’ve made a list of The 20 songs making the www.max-villas.eu biggest impact on listeners her in Siouxland. This is an objective list, and you are more than welcome to cialis delivered overnight disagree and create your own list. No artist / group had more than 2 songs on the list and most only had one…
This blog was posted over 3 years ago. I believe we need to update this baby. Here's a look at some songs that were released since this was published:
If I Die Young - The Band Perry
Honey Bee - Blake Shelton
Barefoot Blue Jean Night - Jake Owen
Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
Over You - Miranda Lambert
Springstein - Eric Church
Wanted - Hunter Hawyes
Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker
Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
Do you think some of these should make the cut? Did we miss some over the past 2 decades? What say you?
Here's the original blo posted in November 2010.
First, the songs that just missed the cut include:
“My Next 30 Years” – Tim McGraw – a popular request for turning the big 3-0
“Need You Now” - Lady Antebellum – a breakthrough hit for the trio
“How Forever Feels” – Kenny Chesney – a 6 week #1 song
“Fancy” – Reba – High heels and rats? What a great combo….
“Somebody Like You” – Keith Urban – featured in a Matthew McConaughey flick
Now for the Top 20 songs on KSUX:
20. The Fishing Song – Brad Paisley’s mega-hit. Hear it once and you’ll never forget it. This hit was a life-changer, in more than one way for Mr. Paisley. The video starred a young actress that would become his wife and mother of his 2 children. Earlier this year, he put on non prescription viagra a great show at the Tyson Events Center.
19. She’s Country – One of http://mariadkins.com/levitra-for-sale-usa the best receptions to any songs ever performed at the Tyson Events Center. A surprise hit from a (at the time of release) relatively unknown Jason Aldean. By the way, still one of the best “Crossroads” with Aldean and Canadian rocker Bryan Adams.
18. Born Country – Alabama – one of the most played KSUX songs in during our first year on the air back in1990. The song really represents the best prices on viagra in drugstores blue-collar work ethic of many in the Siouxland area by one of the most acclaimed groups in country music.
17. Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson – a big hit from our headliner of the 20th Anniversary Birthday Bash on September 30th. I’ll always remember this song in a different way. It was sung accapella by partygoers on the 1998 We Fest Caravan to Detroit Lakes, MN. Let’s just say the original by AJ was MUCH better.
16. Achy Breaky Heart – One of the most loved and www.karinmeyn.com hated songs of all time on KSUX. No doubt. The chorus is either infectious or dreadful. You decide.
15. This Kiss – Faith – Made Faith a global icon and landed her a gig on Sunday Night Football. Was used prominently in a KSUX television commercial campaign.
14. Love without end Amen – George Strait – Like Alan Jackson, another mainstay on the KSUX charts on genuine cialis a consistent basis from day one of The Super Pig.
13. Life is a Highway – This “Cars” inspired mega-hit took Rascal Flatts to an entire new level. Rascal Flatts seemed to have made a home here in Siouxland. They played a New Faces Show at WinnaVegas back in 1999 (with Phil Vassar, Sara Evans, and Yankee Grey), played in from of about 1,000 people at Rivercade and played a round of cialis testimonial golf at Covington Links in South Sioux City. They all shot in the 70’s. Wow.
12. The Dance – Garth Brooks – One of the most requested songs played at both weddings and funerals. You can’t say that about “Achy Break Heart”.
11. You Belong with me – Taylor Swift – Transformed her from a teen with a crush on Tim McGraw to the #1 artist in any music genre. She called The Tony & Candice Morning Show and talked for about 10 minutes. She put on one of the most dynamic concerts (and highest pitched) at The Tyson Events Center…one of her first headlining gigs.
10. Amazed – First song KSUX played in the year 1999. JJ Webb played this Lonestar ballad on-air from the Stagecoach Country Bar which is now occupied by Famous Daves at 301 Pierce Street..home of “Amazing” ribs.
9. Chicken Fried – From ribs to we use it chicken… This song, originally cut by the Lost Trailers, was briefly played on KSUX, but the ZBB version was a 5 week #1 song on KSUX. Highest ranked song on KSUX to reference Chicken
8. Boot Scootin’ Boogie – B&D – Dance crazed that swept Siouxland and a mainstay during Saturday Night Stagecoach remote broadcasts
7. You’re Still the low cost canadian viagra One – Shania – played at every wedding reception in Siouxland for 5 years straight
6. How Do You Like Me Now – Toby Keith – another KSUX tv commercial mainstay and launched Toby into a mega-stardom.
5. I Like it I love it – Tim McGraw – Song often used on Thousand Dollar Thursday contests in the late 90’s / early turn of century.
4. Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood – Highest charting female on the KSUX Countdown – stole Siouxland’s heart when she defeated Bo Bice soundly on American Idol.
3. It’s 5:00 Somewhere – Alan Jackson and generic levitra vardenafil Jimmy Buffet’s. This marks Jimmy Buffet’s only appearance on buy viagra in canada the KSUX countdown. We are still waiting for a country cover song of “Cheeseburger in Paradise”
2. Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks. This song brought a lot of new people to the country format and KSUX 105.7. Garth’s passion and enthusiasm was contagious over the length of his career.
1. She Thinks My Tractors Sexy – Kenny Chesney – KSUX brought on stage many times at the Woodbury County Fair in Moville, The Sioux City Auditorium and the Tyson Events Center. One time at the Sioux City Auditorium KSUX staffers held a huge sign with the phrase that pays “Kenny Chesney has a nice butt”…
KSUX Program Director
Creator of silly lists